Welcome to the only OFFICIALLY SPONSORED web site for Sanderson, Terrell County, Texas.
Terrell County Flag
Sanderson, Texas
Texas Flag

Beard Contest
Brisket Shootout
Church of Christ
Class Reunions
Parade Entry
Trail Ride
Vendor Agreement


In Sanderson
Del Rio
Ft. Stockton
Images from our past

Contact us

Images from our Past

Dalton Hogg
Dalton Hogg. Photo by Henry Beth Hogg.

Snow in 1947
Snow in early 1947, looking south from Oak Street. Photo by Ellis McDougal.

Bridge building
The building of the Bridge over Sanderson Canyon. Photo by Ellis McDougal.

Sanderson Lion's Club
Unkown woman
Unkown woman and a child, BBQ July 4, 1955. Photo by Ellis McDougal.
The Cake
"When Terrell County celebrated its 50th birthday, there was a concerted effort on the part of all the residents to make for a big celebration. Undoubtedly the largest, longest, and most elaborate parade in the history of the county was put together. The three bathing beauties are Vannah Jo Nance Kleinbeck, facing the camera, Coleen Pierson Willard and an unknown young lady were in the tank and the parade."

"A float from the Pecos Shrine Club in the parade in connection with the Terrell County Diamond Jubilee in 1955. Gene Litton is at the left during the 'hanging of a varmint'."
"Some local men grew beards for the 1955 celebtration of Terrell County's 50th birthday. Without the beards, probably some identification could be made of the quintet."
"Three Sanderson rogues drove a 1927 Rolls-Royce to Ft. Stockton in 1955 to enter their July 4th parade and to advertise the 50th birthday celebration of Terrell County. The 12-cylinder limousine 'ran like a top', and was loaned by some trusting soul from the Rio Grande Valley for the occasion."
"When Terrell County celebrated its 50th anniversary one of the largest parades in the history of the county was put together by the cooperation of many local residents, organizations, and businesses. One of the floats in the parade was from the Spears-Duncan Drug Company. In the background is the James Word Texaco Station on the corner of Oak Street and Persimmon."


Page updated: June 2, 2005