Sanderson, Texas ~ Terrell County
Terrell County celebrated 100 years of existence in 2005!
last modified: ', new Date(document.lastModified).toDateString(), '

'); // -->
Home

 
     On April 8, 1905, Gov. Joseph D. Sayers signed legislation that carved Terrell County out of Pecos County and the action became official on July 14, 1905, 90 days after the legislature adjourned for that year.
     The county was named for Alexander Watkins Terrell, a veteran of the Confederate Army in the Civil War and a legislator instrumental in the county¬ís creation.
 
Pictures of Terrell County's 50th Anniversary Celebration ~ 1955
 
     Merchandise commemorating the 100th anniversary celebration of 2005 and gifts, souvenirs, Sanderson memorabilia, post cards and much more, may be purchased at the Terrell County Visitor's Center located at the corner of Highway 90 and Third Street in Sanderson, Texas.  For more information, call 1-432-345-2324.  Here are some of the items available:

1905 - 2005
The Centennial of Terrell County

Sitemap